Date Added: 16 May 2019
: 14 June 2019
Job Title: Strategic Communications Internship
Working For: Atalanta
Salary: £10.20 / hour - Full Time
Experience & Skills
A competitive candidate will have had some exposure to strategic communications, campaigning, or international politics, either through coursework or prior internship or work experience. Excellent research and writing skills are essential.
English language fluency is a requirement. Additional language skills (particularly French, Spanish, Portuguese or Arabic) are preferable but not required.
Assisting with the delivery of projects on behalf of a diverse range of clients. Specific responsibilities may include:
- Research and drafting of background briefs.
- Drafting of a range of communications materials including: messaging / talking points, press releases, op-eds, fact sheets, and website & social media content.
- Assistance with media relations, including: development of media lists, drafting of written responses to media queries, and drafting of interview briefs for clients including suggested talking points on likely topics.
- Assistance with digital strategy and execution, including: drafting of social media strategy memos, creation of digital content, and social media analytics.
- Drafting of activity reports for clients, detailing actions undertaken on their behalf.
- Compiling relevant press clips to keep project teams up to speed on the latest developments.
- Assisting with researching new business prospects, including: political campaigns, NGOs, multilateral institutions, and government ministries.
- Assisting with developing pitch materials.
While the majority of the work will be more substantive in nature, the candidate will be expected to provide some administrative support.
The candidate must have the right to work in the United Kingdom. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Atalanta is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably
qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We strongly believe that diversity in the workplace is an asset both to our organisation and for our ability to deliver for our diverse client base.
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Start Date: 15 June 2019
Please send your CV, cover letter, and at least 2 concise writing samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org. A writing test will be required for short-listed candidates.