Date Added: 22 May 2019
: 21 June 2019
Job Title: Events Assistant - Internship (up to 40 weeks)
Working For: Industry and Parliament Trust
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
About the Industry and Parliament Trust
The IPT is an independent, non-lobbying, non-partisan charity that provides a trusted platform of engagement between Parliament and UK business. The IPT is dually supported by cross-party representation of senior parliamentarians on its Board of Trustees, and through the patronage of its industry supporters. The IPT is non-party political and works with all parliamentarians and businesses of any sector or size.
To support the Events Team in the management and delivery of the busy IPT event programme chiefly through logistical support of events, and assist on the IPT’s Civil Service Attachment Scheme.
- Support the Events Team in event delivery by compiling marketing lists, tracking invitation responses and producing security letters and briefing notes for events
- Preparation of event materials such as badges and agendas
- Entering event information onto the IPT database
- Liaison with Chairs and Speakers for events to ensure they have received all necessary information
- On the day assistance, including preparing room, greeting guests, liaison with banqueting department
- Managing the attachments for the Civil Service Attachment Scheme
- Compiling and distributing a weekly internal events newsletter
- Liaison with the Communications Team to ensure the website to kept up to date
- Other assistance within the Events Team and the IPT office as required, on an ad hoc basis
- Ability to prioritise, multitask and juggle a busy workload
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with establishing and maintaining administrative systems (such as event RSVP lists)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good familiarity with Microsoft Office package
- Confident working with people in positions of power
- Interest in/ knowledge of UK politics and Parliament
- Willing to work evenings and early mornings as per business needs (with time off in lieu to compensate)
- Interest in/ knowledge of current affairs, parliament and UK business
- Experience in delivering events
- Experience with databases
This is an internship post of up to 40 weeks.
Please note that Parliamentary security clearance will be required for this post.
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Interviews to be held week commencing 24 June 2019, start date 23 September 2019.
Please email a covering letter and CV to:
Or post to:
Industry and Parliament Trust
Suite 101 3 Whitehall Court
London SW1A 2EL