Date Added: 23 May 2019
: 14 June 2019
Job Title: Project Manager
Working For: Index on Censorship
Salary: Day rate £150, 2 days a week, 6 months
Free Speech Is For Me/ Understanding Censorship: UK project manager (contractor)
Time period: 6 months with possibility of extension
Hours: Minimum 2 days/week with possibility of additional days as program progresses
Index on Censorship is looking for an enthusiastic and energetic project manager to run an exciting new freedom of expression advocacy programme being launched in the United Kingdom.
Free Speech Is For Me is a project that will offer media training to individuals from diverse backgrounds interested in acting as advocates for the value of freedom of expression. The successful candidate will be responsible for recruiting individuals for the project and co-ordinating training and media opportunities for those selected as advocates. You will be reporting to the Chief Executive initially and then to a newly created post of Head of Operations.
- Recruitment of individuals for the Free Speech Is For Me programme, including advertising for, interviewing and selection of applicants
- Organisation of media training for successful applicants
- Media outreach
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Project management
- Strong communications skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the civil society sector, advocacy, media and campaigning
- An understanding of freedom of expression issues
The post is 2 days a week for six months. Involves work at weekends and evenings.
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Start date ASAP
Interviews w/c 17th June
Please send CV and 1 page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and in subject line put UKFS4Me