Date Added: 24 May 2019
: 17 June 2019
Job Title: Programmes Manager
Working For: Voice 21
Salary: £35,000-£40,000, depending on experience
Voice 21’s vision is for every child, regardless of their background, to find their voice for success in school and in life. We work to achieve this through our mission to empower schools and teachers to provide every child with an education in oracy.
This is an exciting new role in our organisation and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to shape the role and the programme management function more widely. Within the first year, we would have expected the successful candidate to have established a high-performing programme management function and team, be leading on all aspects of our programmes - except for school-facing delivery work and have made significant progress in developing and maximising our existing relationships with teachers, schools and groups of schools.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Programme Leads and Programme Officer to ensure all Voice 21’s programmes are as impactful as possible for teachers, schools and groups of schools.
- Establishing and embedding a programme management function across the whole organisation.
- Developing and maximising existing relationships with teachers, schools and groups of schools with a view to maintaining or growing our current business.
- Planning and designing all Voice 21 programme delivery plans (timelines, milestones and success criteria) and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Establishing and managing programme budgets, contracts, risk registers, dashboards and other programme tools as required.
- Managing day-to-day funder and external relations to ensure smooth project delivery, including project reporting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring appropriate quality assurance measures, data collection plans and communications plans are put in place for every programme.
- Developing new tools to improve organisational programme management and appropriate training packages.
- Line Management of the Programme Officer.
For further details and specification go to https://www.voice21.org/
Closing Date: 17 June 2019
Start date: August 2019, although we are open to applicants starting sooner if possible.
Please submit a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role by email to email@example.com.
Please note that we will disregard your application if we do not receive a CV and role-specific cover letter.
If you have any questions about this role or would like to discuss your application, please email Jim Riddiford, Director of Programmes & Operations firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appointment will be dependent on receipt of satisfactory references and completing a DBS check.