Date Added: 24 May 2019
: 14 June 2019
Job Title: General Secretary
Working For: The Co-operative Party
Salary: Circa £70,000 per annum
Could you lead the Co-operative Party through its next phase of growth and development? Do you have the vision, energy and resilience drive co-operative political action to new levels? Can you lead and inspire our staff, members and political representatives to make change happen?
The General Secretary is the Chief Executive Officer of the Party and is responsible to the
National Executive Committee for the executive leadership of the organisation and delivery
of the Party’s strategic objectives.
- Ensure the Party delivers on its fundamental mandate and purpose – to inject cooperative values and ideas into UK politics. By ensuring a voice for the movement in the rooms where decisions are taken and laws are made, the Party will continue to develop an environment in which co-operation can flourish and grow.
- Enable the Party to provide a leadership role within the co-operative movement, being a voice of ambition, inspiration and support to the movement in all its forms.
- Articulate the Co-operative Party’s vision and purpose in a way that attracts and inspires new and existing members, galvanises political action at all levels and resonates with cooperative movement.
- Maintain and develop the Party’s relationship with its subscribing Societies and affiliates ensuring they are able to play a full role in the Party and that that relationship is understood and valued at all levels.
- Develop and build the brand identity and profile of the Party.
- Building on recent successes, work to further develop the Party’s financial and organisational sustainability, including further diversifying and growing its funding base.
- Oversee, prioritise, and coordinate human and financial resources to ensure they are aligned to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
- Maintain effective relationships with counterparts in the labour and co-operative movements.
- Ensure the Co-operative Party’s organisation, policies and practices are aligned to its role and purpose. Ensure the Party is compliant with its legal and regulatory obligations and is well run and governed.
- Manage and oversee the senior management team to ensure the development and
- execution of an effective workplan to deliver organisational objectives.
More details at https://party.coop/jobs/
Closing Date: 14 June 2019
Interviews will be held in London during July 2019
Please download the application pack from the Co-operative Party website and send a letter of application and CV to email@example.com