Date Added: 24 May 2019
: 30 June 2019
Job Title: Campaigns & Communications Assistant
Working For: Rt Hon Gavin Williamson CBE MP (South Staffordshire)
Location: South Staffordshire
Gavin Williamson, Member of Parliament for South Staffordshire, is looking for a hardworking and proactive Campaigns & Communications Assistant to join his friendly constituency office team.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, good people and organisational skills and a keen interest in politics.
The position will provide an excellent opportunity for a candidate wishing to develop a wide range of marketable skills, including organising campaigns, managing the constituency diary and liaising with local media, as well as assistance with other areas according to the needs of the office.
- Planning and organising local campaigns and events
- Management of the MP's constituency diary
- Liaising with various councillors, agencies, organisations and stakeholders
- Accompanying the MP to surgeries and constituency events (may require occasional weekend work)
- Contributing as and when required to the drafting of press releases and e-bulletins, and the maintenance of the MP’s website and social media pages
Skills required include:
- Strong planning and organisational ability; self-motivated and able to take the initiative
- Awareness of or proficiency in the use of social media, experience of/ability to write press releases
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- A sympathetic telephone manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made.
Start date - early July, however we will be flexible for the right candidate.
A short-written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
Please send a short covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘Job Application’ in the subject line.