Date Added: 28 May 2019
: 20 June 2019
Job Title: Communications Intern
Working For: Peregrine Communications
Salary: UK national minimum wage
The internship is on the marketing communications side of the business. During your time here, you can expect to rotate between different teams, supporting them in their day to day client work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing financial and asset management media for news trends
- Clipping and summarising client press coverage
- Helping identify specific journalists and media opportunities to engage on behalf of our client base
- Contributing to or leading research projects
- Writing first draft press release and briefing notes
- Helping organise events
- Collaborating with the design team and other marketers
- Creating content for website/e-mail outs/social media/blogs
- Written work is engaging and accurate
- Shows more than one type of writing style – for example, casual tone as well as formal
- Good verbal communication skills
- An excellent grasp of the English language, both written and spoken, is required.
- Commercial awareness
- Good teamworking skills
- Has or will develop more confidence
- Ability to cope with pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Good general organisation / project management skills
- Networking skills
- Shows initiative
Pay: The position pays the UK’s national minimum wage, payable in arrears on the Wednesday before the last Friday of each month.
Interns will be required to work Monday to Friday from 9am-6pm, with a 5.30pm finish on Fridays. The dress code in the office is business wear.
Team building exercises: Ranging from the odd night out, team drinks or extended lunch to attending educational exhibitions on themes relevant to our space: marketing, communications, technology, design and finance.
We won’t waste your time here! There’s no danger of you sitting in a corner and being forgotten, the nature of marketing communications is that we need all available hands working on projects at all times.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
No specific qualifications or areas of study are required, instead you need a real interest in pursuing marketing communications as your choice of career, be able to learn fast from a dynamic and deeply knowledgeable team and bring bags of enthusiasm to the role.
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
This internship is due to start late July and is for a fixed term 3 month contract.
Unfortunatley, due to the amount of applications we recieve we are not able to respond to everyone. If after 3 weeks you have not heard a response, please assume your appplication has not been successful.
Please send a covering letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org