Date Added: 30 May 2019
: 12 June 2019
Job Title: Public Affairs - Internship
Working For: FTI Consulting - Strategic Communications
Salary: Real Living Wage (£10.55ph)
FTI Consulting's Public Affairs team, based in London, are advertising for a summer internship. The role will provide support for the team for a 3-4 week period (to be decided by mutual agreement) between July and September. The role is paid the London Living Wage.
We are looking for a diverse range of candidates to select from. The only requirements for the role are:
- A strong interest in politics and current affairs
- A dynamic and hard-working manner
- Availability in July, August or September to work in London
Experience of previous consultancies or in business is not a requirement; we welcome applicants from all backgrounds and the process for applying (outlined below) will initially remove all personal details (except email address) and background information.
- The role will be at our London office (200 Aldersgate, Aldersgate Street, London EC1A 4HD)
- It will last for between 3-4 weeks
- You will be paid the London Living Wage and any reasonable expenses should you be asked to attend external meetings or events
Closing Date: 12 June 2019
Once shortlisting is complete, short telephone or face-to-face interviews will take place between 17-21 June.
Start dates will be agreed by mutual consent. The internship period will be around 3-4 weeks during either July, August or September.
- Choose one of the two essay questions below and draft a 600-word answer.
- Submit your response in PDF or word format.
- Email your essay to UKPA@fticonsulting.com
The deadline for applications is midnight on the closing date.
Please provide a maximum 600-word response to one of the following questions:
- Why did 17.4 million people in the UK vote for Brexit in June 2016?
- Will the UK's two-party system still exist in ten years' time?
PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION OR DETAILS OF YOUR BACKGROUND/EXPERIENCES IN THE ESSAY ANSWER