Date Added: 30 May 2019
: 17 June 2019
Job Title: Senior Secretary
Working For: Shabana Mahmood MP (Birmingham, Ladywood)
Location: Birmingham or London
Salary: £28,420 pro-rata (20 hours)
Shabana Mahmood MP is looking to appoint a part-time Senior Secretary based in either her constituency office or Westminster office.
We are seeking an individual with great organisational skills and an eye for detail to manage Shabana’s busy diary and undertake general administrative support. The individual will be the first point of contact for Shabana’s constituency and Westminster offices and ideally will have experience working in a similar secretarial or administrative role.
Duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with queries from members of the public by telephone and email
- Ensure a range of efficient secretarial and administrative support
- Assisting with diary matters including the booking of travel arrangements
- Working alongside the constituency support manager to arrange events and meetings
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Experience working for an elected member or organisation in a secretarial / administrative role
- Ability to take initiative on tasks and manage workload effectively
- Excellent written communication skills and telephone manner
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 17 June 2019
Monday 24th June in Birmingham.
To apply please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your current notice period.