Date Added: 31 May 2019
: 28 June 2019
Job Title: Political Relations Manager
Working For: Countryside Alliance
Salary: Competitive/Dependent on experience
The Countryside Alliance is recruiting a Political Relations Manager to work within the PMC team, answering to the Head of Political and working with the Head of Policy, Media Relations Manager and campaigns teams. The Political Relations Manager is a key part of the team seeking to maximise the Alliance’s political presence in Westminster, the devolved administrations and Europe. The role will also involve work on the formulation, development and delivery of Alliance policy and campaigns on rural affairs and in particular within the political arena.
- Keep abreast of developing rural issues and national and international issues that affect rural Britain.
- Monitor parliamentary business, government departments such as DEFRA and the Home Office, animal rights organisations and other rural campaigning groups, ensuring that the PMC team are kept up-to-date with any forthcoming and existing legislation, amendments, press releases etc.
- Communicate the Alliance’s campaigns to the Government, MPs, agencies and key parliamentary staff.
- Manage, develop and maintain relationships with ministers, MPs and parliamentary staff and civil servants as agreed.
- To research and draft briefs on designated bills and issues.
- To research and draft government and EU consultation responses.
For the full job details and requirements please go to our website - https://www.countryside-alliance.org/about-us/jobs/job-vacancies/political-relations-manager
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
Interviews will be held mid July with a start date to be as soon as possible but by September.
To find out more about this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply send send a covering letter and CV to Jamesemail@example.com by the closing date.