Date Added: 31 May 2019
: 21 June 2019
Job Title: Assistant for Diplomats
Working For: Embassy of Japan
Salary: Circa £30,000 according to qualifications and experience
The Embassy of Japan seeks a highly qualified person who can perform as an assistant to diplomats.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30am-6:00pm (Lunch hour: 12:45pm-1:45pm) with possibility of overtime work
Location: Embassy of Japan, London
- General administrative duties such as handling correspondence and maintaining contact databases
- Arranging the meetings and visits for diplomats and delegations visiting from Japan
- Undertaking ad hoc research, for example in the field of Transport and Tourism
- Organising functions, such as for tourism promotion, in and outside of the Embassy, as well as arranging and supporting other events hosted by the Embassy
- Competence in secretarial and assistant work
- English language as a mother tongue or equivalent, both spoken and written
- A good command of Japanese, both spoken and written, is desirable
- Good IT Skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint are essential
Notes: All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK in accordance with the actual Immigration Act. All applicants must state that this right obtained through citizenship, permanent residency or work permit in their application. Applicants not providing this information in their application will not be considered for employment. Short-listed applicants will be asked to provide, prior to interview, documentation to certify their legal right to work in the UK.
The successful applicant shall serve a probation period of three months immediately after the date of the start of the employment.
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Interviews: Mid-June 2019 (TBD)
Start Date: Mid-August 2019 (TBD)
It is the Embassy’s policy that we do not give any kind of feedback of the interviews.
Interested candidates should submit a CV (as detailed as possible) and covering letter explaining how you are able to meet the requirements for the position, along with your current salary, daytime telephone number and email address.
Embassy of Japan
101-104 Piccadilly, London, W1J 7JT
The deadline for applications is 18:00 on the closing date.