Date Added: 31 May 2019
: 13 June 2019
Job Title: Research Intern
Working For: BritainThinks
Salary: £22,500 per annum (pro rata)
Duration: 6 months
Hours: Full-time Monday to Friday, from 9am to 6pm
We are a fast-growing independent insight and strategy consultancy that puts public and stakeholder opinion at the heart of our clients' thinking. Our research methodologies span all qualitative and quantitative techniques, and we have a diverse client base across the private, public and third sectors. We encourage all potential applicants to take a look at our website for more information about who we are and what we do, including some previous reports: www.britainthinks.com
Interns at BritainThinks gain exposure to all elements of our work, including seeing focus groups and workshops in action, and feeding in to the brainstorming and analysis process. This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to embark on a career in social and market research or in communications.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Have strong communication skills, on paper, in person and on the phone
- Have an excellent academic record
- Be organised and able to multi-task
- Have graduated or completed postgraduate studies in the past two years
- Be able to use MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel to a high degree of proficiency
- Be able and willing to work full-time and some evenings or early mornings
- Have permission to work in the UK at the time of starting the employment
Ideally you would also have some previous theoretical or practical exposure to qualitative or quantitative research methodologies (e.g. through academic studies or work experience).
Closing Date: 13 June 2019
We will be conducting interviews on Thursday 20th June. We will inform candidates shortlisted for an interview on Friday 14th June
Please be aware that if you are shortlisted there will be a short written task to be completed ahead of the face to face interview.
Start date: Monday 1st July (with some flexibility)
Please send the following to Charlotte Malton at email@example.com:
- A one page covering letter that clearly sets out:
- Why you are applying for an internship at BritainThinks
- Why you belive you are right for the role
- Any previous experience you have in managing a project or conducting research
- Your CV (maximum 2 sides of A4)
Please send both your CV and covering letter together in one attachment with your full name as the filename.
Please note that, while we will try our best to contact all unsuccessful candidates, this may not be possible due to volume of applications.