Date Added: 3 June 2019
: 21 June 2019
Job Title: Head of External Affairs
Working For: Renewable Energy Association
We are looking for someone with a passion for the environment and renewables and a clear track record of inspiring action. As you will be one of the leading advocates for the Association’s aims and ambitions for its 550+ member companies, you will have confidence and experience in building relationships with journalists, MPs, Advisors and Civil Servants, as well as having a strategic mind when it comes to press, social media and campaign planning.
- Establishing and maintaining a high profile for the Association so that it is an obvious “first port of call” for the media, parliamentarians and businesses interested in renewable energy, clean technologies and the development of a decentralised energy system.
- Representing the Association and maintaining contact with key stakeholders
- Creating and advising on external publications of the Association including the Associations’ social media outlets and relevant topical membership communications
- Work with Chief Executive, Board and Head of Policy to identify, develop and implement clear campaigning objectives for the Association
- Develop and execute the REA’s PR and media strategy in the UK, including cultivating and managing close relationships with key media outlets and journalists and identifying and securing relevant opportunities with influencers across corporate, government and industry channels
- To transform the Association’s objectives into powerful messages and communicate them effectively to appropriate stakeholders
- To broaden the Association’s influence by supporting the Chief Executive in building coalitions with important stakeholders
- To provide expert advice on political engagement and parliamentary processes, support and work collaboratively with senior colleagues to ensure the Association’s lobbying objectives are well targeted to gain traction with political decision makers
For further details on the job role as well as roles and responsibilities follow this link: https://www.r-e-a.net/jobs/258-head-of-external-affairs
Closing Date: 21 June 2019
Please email your CV together with a covering letter to Stuart Pocock, COO, REA at email@example.com.