Date Added: 3 June 2019
: 30 June 2019
Job Title: Research Assistant
Working For: ScaleUp Institute
The ScaleUp Institute is seeking a research assistant to join our growing team, working with our Lead Researcher to conduct in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis on the UK’s fastest growing businesses.
This, private sector, not-for-profit institution is focused on collaborating with corporates, educational establishments and local and national Government to make a real and identifiable impact in helping our UK high growth businesses to grow further and ‘scaleup’. We aim to advance understanding of how to scale up a business, and how to build the most effective environment in which scaleups can flourish.
Main function of job
- Assisting in the research and analysis of a range of sensitive data and information from Partners and others in the business ecosystem to support the ScaleUp Institute’s programme of work.
- Working with the Lead Researcher to interpret and analyse a range of statistical information, including numbers of scaleups and pipeline of scaling businesses, through detailed processes and procedures.
- Contributing to research and local area assessments/ monitoring.
- Assisting with case study assessments.
- Supporting the annual scaleup survey and review process of which the research work will play a key role.
- Supporting the SUI overall work programme.
Education and Experience
- A good honours degree (or predicted), with a quantitative component.
- Computer literacy, in particular experienced in Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrable experience of data analysis.
Experience, knowledge and skills required
- Knowledge, understanding and interest in business growth and public policy.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn new software or programming languages.
- Experience with data analytical/statistical software packages (Stata, R, Python, SPSS or equivalent) beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, including technical writing skills.
- Highly numerate, with good grasp of statistical reasoning.
- Good team-worker and communicator
- Reliable and diligent
- Proactive self-organiser and uses own initiative
A more detailed job specification can be found at: http://www.scaleupinstitute.org.uk/job/research-assistant/
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Please send a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates will be required to perform a short data analysis task prior to interview.