Date Added: 4 June 2019
: 20 June 2019
Job Title: Graduate Trainee
Working For: DevoConnect
About DevoConnect: DevoConnect is the only public affairs communications consultancy with a mission to create more and better devolution. We help build dialogue and influence to generate more meaningful political engagement in devolved areas. We are at the forefront of devolution, building more effective campaigns and coalitions. DevoConnect are helping to shape future thinking and do public affairs differently.
About the role: We are looking for a graduate trainee to join our growing team in central Manchester. You will have a strong interest in politics and developed organisational and copy-writing skills. Your primary role will be supporting DevoConnect’s Executive Team, developing and supporting our communications, marketing and administration functions and providing monitoring and intelligence. The role is for an initial period of six months with the potential to progress to a full-time graduate position after this.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a top political team and senior decision-makers in the devolved Metro Mayoral regions and Westminster. You will work closely with all members of the DevoConnect team including Chief Executive Gill Morris. The role will involve some travel to other cities in England and to Westminster.
- Providing administration and organisational support for All-Party Parliamentary Groups
- Political monitoring and intelligence gathering
- Collating/writing content for the DevoIntelligence newsletter
- Distributing the newsletter through ActiveCampaign and other social media
- Monitoring and updating all social media
- Providing consultancy support
- Maintaining client databases
- Supporting and assisting with events
- Ad-hoc tasks as required
Desired skills and attributes
- Strong and demonstrable interest in politics, ideally with a good degree in a related discipline
- Interest and demonstrable knowledge of UK politics and specifically localism and devolution
- Ability to quickly absorb new concepts and information, and to act on this with initiative and imagination
- Ability to work quickly and flexibly, cope with a heavy workload, and complete tasks efficiently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Strong digital and social media skills
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft Office suite
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
This graduate trainee position will be full-time for an initial period of six months with the possibility of a full-time graduate position after this period. Interviews will take place the week commencing 24th June with a start date as soon as possible after this.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. Non-shortlisted candidates will be notified.
If you have any queries about the role please contact Jack Hutchison at the address above.