Date Added: 4 June 2019
: 30 June 2019
Job Title: Intern, Press Office
Working For: UK Finance
Salary: £18,600 per annum plus travel expenses and holiday
- Support the Head of Media and press team in handling reactive day to day media relations: responding to press calls and drafting reactive lines, coordinating broadcast media bids, preparing press releases and press briefings for the CEO and senior policy colleagues, identifying opportunities to place proactive coverage. There will be ownership of projects so you’ll need to be organised and capable of juggling a varied workload to tight deadlines.
- As part of a rota write the daily Brief, our daily industry news digest which is produced five days a week, 45 weeks a year by the External Affairs team. The brief takes 2-3 hours to put together every day and the aim is for this to land in inboxes no later than 10.30am.
- Work with the Media Relations Manager and Press Officer to maintain UK Finance’s long term strategic ‘forward look’ grid and coordinate media activity accordingly.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with journalists across national, regional and trade outlets.
- Monitoring news and breaking stories, developments online and social media and flagging to relevant internal teams.
- Draft articles for trade press, CEO newsletter, UK Finance blogs (working with policy directors) and speeches.
- Work with the Press Officer to ensure the production of a ‘coverage book’ (a compendium of all media coverage secured by UK Finance), which is then circulated to members and our Board on a regular.
- Creatively seeking proactive media opportunities to promote UK Finance and its work.
- Ensuring editorial standards are met and maintained in print and online.
- Work proactively and collaboratively with the commercial arm of UK Finance to ensure our externally produced events and conferences are well publicised and supported in national press, trade media and social media.
- Undertake administrative tasks as needed.
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Urgent opportunity, ASAP start. The successful candidate may be appointed before the close date.
Please send CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org