Date Added: 4 June 2019
: 16 June 2019
Job Title: Digital and Publications Officer
Working For: Centre for Cities
Salary: Starting from £28,000-£31,000
Centre for Cities is passionate about helping cities up and down the country achieve their economic potential and improve the life chances of their residents.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at the heart of the country’s leading independent, non-partisan research and policy institute focused on urban policy. Our original research always makes a splash – our brand, digital and offline content are central to spreading the word about what we do, and helping us to make a difference.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding individual to help us look after our visual identity, maintain and improve our digital presence, bring data to life and design our printed materials.
They will be a highly-organised, motivated self-starter, able to translate the Centre’s research and data into high-quality online and printed content. We’re looking for someone who is happy to muck in and multi-task as part of our busy External Affairs team, and who’ll make the most of the opportunities the Centre for Cities has to offer.
- Maintain and improve our visual identity and branding
- Look after our web content, ensuring it is accessible and easily found through search
- Support the Head of Press and Media on social media engagement
- Develop and design data visualisations and infographics
- Support the ongoing development of our digital presence
- Design our printed materials, including reports and briefings
- Organisational skills, attention to detail and multitasking
- Excellent writing, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of using website content management systems (we use Wordpress)
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite – or ability to learn it quickly
- Interest in and desire to try out the latest developments in data visualisation
- Strong team-working skills and ability to manage internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Interest in the importance of cities as drivers of economic prosperity and an understanding of the Centre’s work
- Understanding of and interest in UK national and local politics
- Experience of using email marketing tools
- Experience of running corporate social media accounts
Closing Date: 16 June 2019
We anticipate that shortlisted applicants will need to be available for interview in the week beginning Monday 24 June.
Starting date: ASAP
If you are interested in applying for this role, please download the application form from https://www.centreforcities.org/about/careers/digital-and-publications-officer/ and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR, Centre for Cities, 9 Holyrood London SE1 2EL
Please note that we do not accept CVs.