Date Added: 5 June 2019
: 5 July 2019
Job Title: National Director
Working For: Feeding Britain
Salary: £36,000-£38,000, dependent on experience
Feeding Britain is seeking to appoint an entrepreneurial National Director who will lead the organisation into the next phase of its existence.
The National Director’s overall objective will be to develop and extend Feeding Britain’s programme of work to counter hunger in this country, and maximise the impact of the gains it has made and the projects it has pioneered.
The key responsibilities of the National Director will include:
- Constantly seeking opportunities to propose and find new ideas that fulfil the founding purpose of Feeding Britain
- Spreading through the Feeding Britain network of towns, cities, and counties our self-grown ideas and building the confidence and resources across the network to embrace them
- Leading and organising high-profile national campaigns that ensure the plight of people on low incomes, who struggle to afford food, becomes ever more prominent in public and parliamentary debates
- Providing politicians with knowledge and expertise to change policy and legislation as part of the abolition of hunger in this country
- Taking on overall responsibility for ensuring Feeding Britain complies with the necessary safeguarding, charitable, and financial regulations that govern the charity’s work
- Overseeing the management of Feeding Britain’s accounts and budgets, as well as major grants and projects
- Assisting with the drafting of funding bids and donor management
- Overseeing the organisation of regular Feeding Britain events and conferences across the country
Feeding Britain is looking for an individual with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as strong organisational abilities, who is committed to the organisation’s mission of ensuring everybody in this country has the necessary resources and opportunities to access and obtain food of sufficient quality. The organisation is seeking someone with proven experience of managing multiple projects and budgets.
Feeding Britain’s National Director will be working closely with a senior board of Trustees to coordinate and implement the different strands of the organisation’s work. Those Trustees are Baroness Boycott (Co-Chair), Andrew Forsey (Co-Chair), Heidi Allen MP, Professor Greta Defeyter, Stephanie Ellis, Richard Gould, Baroness Jenkin, Emma Lewell-Buck MP, Laura Mason, and The Rt Revd Tim Thornton.
Closing Date: 5 July 2019
Interviews will take place within two weeks of the closing date, with the successful candidate starting as soon as possible afterwards.
Please email a CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com