Date Added: 6 June 2019
: 1 July 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Rt Hon Sir Michael Fallon KCB MP (Sevenoaks)
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales
Sir Michael Fallon, Member of Parliament for Sevenoaks, has a vacancy in his Westminster office for a 6-month full-time Employed Intern.
- Corresponding with constituents on casework matters.
- Assisting with research on national policy issues and Third Party Campaigns.
- General administrative tasks e.g. office filing, photocopying.
- Monitoring local media.
- Organising constituent visits and tours.
- Highly organised, with an ability to prioritise different projects and work to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to apply appropriate confidentiality and keep accurate records, in compliance with the new GDPR.
- Excellent communication and IT skills with good attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly and be adaptable.
- An ability to work independently and in a small team.
- A keen interest in politics and current affairs.
- Previous parliamentary experience, or experience as an executive assistant to a busy professional.
- A recent graduate
Candidates should be sympathetic to the aims and values of the Conservative Party.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 1 July 2019
Interviews will begin shortly after the advertised closing date, with the successful applicant likely to start late July/early August.
Applicants should send a CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be acknowledged.