Date Added: 6 June 2019
: 30 June 2019
Job Title: Policy Officer
Working For: Alzheimer's Research UK
Salary: Circa £28,000 per annum
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive Policy Officer with knowledge and experience of policy development, consultation, research and analysis. Our dedicated policy team works closely with government, key stakeholders and politicians to shape and influence policy on dementia research and access to any new treatments. This is a great opportunity to join our dynamic and well-respected policy team.
Main tasks of role:
- Co-ordinate and manage assigned projects within the policy team, ensuring key stakeholders are kept up-to-date with developments.
- Working with the Policy Manager, to help develop and maintain mechanisms to keep abreast of the policy environment.
- Undertake comprehensive analysis and interpretation of relevant policies to position Alzheimer’s Research UK as a thought leader and enable us to effect positive change.
- To gather necessary data and understanding, working with other ARUK colleagues, to produce accurate, timely and insightful policy materials and briefings.
- Prepare succinct summary reports identifying areas of industry or business interest highlighting potential implications and proposing relevant action plans.
- To help develop and roll-out campaign and project ideas with key audiences that deliver against ARUK policy objectives.
- Under guidance from the Policy Manager, to attend external working groups and help develop partnerships beneficial to ARUK.
- Contribute to submissions to government departments and their agencies, parliamentary committees, and other UK and international organisations as appropriate.
- Work with public affairs colleagues to strengthen existing and build new relationships with political and other stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- Experience of working within a comparable policy position
- Sound knowledge of the policy and parliamentary processes in the UK
- Educated to degree level or equivalent level of experience
- An analytical and evidence-based approach
- Excellent personal communication skills, with the ability to communicate and engage with people at all levels, in a range of settings
- Ability to write professionally, with the skills to adapt communications for different audiences
Please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website; https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/
Closing Date: 30 June 2019
Interviews are likely to be held on the 9th July 2019. We would encourage applicants to submit their application at the earliest opportunity as the closing date may be brought forward at any time.
In order to be considered, please create an online account using our Online Recruitment System which can be accessed through our Job Vacancies Page. You will be able to attach a CV and covering letter to your application, track your application and view other vacancies that may be of interest.
To view further details about this role and the benefits of working for us please visit the Alzheimer’s Research UK website; https://www.alzheimersresearchuk.org/about-us/work-for-us/jobs/