Date Added: 7 June 2019
: 20 June 2019
Job Title: Project Officer (Education and Learning)
Working For: Wellcome Trust
Salary: Circa £32,000 per annum
Do you care passionately about improving education opportunities for young people?
Education is a priority for Wellcome. We want to equip all young people to be confident and active in science so they can be informed citizens, progress into science-related careers and make decisions about health. We currently spend over £5million every year to support our vision of high quality, inspiring science education for everyone.
If you want to join us in this work, we have an exciting opportunity for an analytical and organised individual to join our Education and Learning team. Reporting into the Programme Manager for Professional Development, the Project Officer will focus on our programme of work to embed continuing professional development in the careers of science teachers with the aim of raising the quality of science education for all young people. This role will initially be a fixed-term contract for 18 months.
In this role, you will:
- Support the scoping and implementation of a range of projects and activities, which contribute to the overall programme
- Draft agreements for work commissioned in support of the CPD programme.
- Coordinate project activity and monitoring and tracking progress to ensure that key milestones are met.
- Provide operational and logistical support for Wellcome’s CPD programme
- Support the policy work associated with the CPD programme
- Maintain an awareness of the activities of the wider team in order to communicate effectively with key stakeholders within Wellcome
- Support the team, and in particular, the Programme Manager to build relationships with key external stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant experience of project planning and delivery
- Work experience gained within an education or education-related field
- Experience of coordinating several projects that contribute to an overall programme
- Experience of commissioning research
- Experience of successful internal and external stakeholder engagement
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
Interviews will be held on 1st July
Applicant can apply via: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=30160&siteid=5284&jobid=236501#jobDetails=236501_5284