Date Added: 7 June 2019
: 26 June 2019
Job Title: Intern
Working For: Institute for Government
Salary: £20,600 per annum pro-rated
The Institute for Government is currently inviting applications for our Autumn 2019 Internship Programme starting in October 2019.
We are looking to take on a number of interns to work across the research and learning team. The precise nature of each internship will vary according to the needs of projects, but past interns have found themselves carrying out literature reviews, conducting interviews with MPs and civil servants, organising events, undertaking data collection and analysis, presenting research findings to colleagues, writing blogs and contributing to published reports. Interns are also required to help out with some administrative and other tasks.
Applicants should be confident and reliable graduates with:
- an excellent academic record, including a degree/predicted grade of 2:1 or above, or international equivalent
- knowledge of or strong interest in government in the UK and elsewhere
- strong analytical, organisational and communication (both written/verbal) skills
- commitment to the values and mission of the Institute for Government.
Applicants should be available to work on a full-time basis. Internships are typically offered for six months, with a probationary period of three months.
We offer you the opportunity to:
- become a full member of the research and learning team in a highly-respected institution at the heart of Westminster with close connections to government and all political parties
- take a fresh, evidence-based look at a range of issues, to improve the Institute’s understanding of problems facing government, and to help develop innovative solutions to these problems
- work with other Institute staff and external partners to deliver the Institute’s research and learning programme
- work on projects combining traditional research with practitioner and expert workshops and stimulating public and private events
- contribute to high-quality publications, presentations and events.
Closing Date: 26 June 2019
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 8 July 2019.
Start dates: Interns will provisionally start on 7 October 2019.
The Institute uses an online application process for its internships.
Please see the details in the application pack at: