Date Added: 7 June 2019
: 1 July 2019
Job Title: Junior Account Executive
Working For: Grayling Wales
Salary: Circa £18,000
Grayling is one of the longest standing public affairs and public relations agencies in Wales. We are one of the largest communications companies in the world with a network of offices across the world, but at the heart of our ethos is a belief that local expertise is what gives our clients a competitive advantage. Recently we were named 2019 Public Affairs Consultancy of the Year at the SABRE Awards EMEA.
Our team in Cardiff is looking to recruit a new Junior Account Executive to work on several significant client accounts, including for some of the country’s most recognisable organisations (a full list of our clients can be found on the Public Affairs Board website). Our client base covers a broad range of sectors and includes Welsh Assembly and Westminster engagement activity, as well as stakeholder/community relations.
The role will require an eye for detail, first-class political knowledge, excellent communication skills, and a high degree of organisation. We are looking for an aspiring public affairs professional and team player to assist the wider team and gain further experience. The role would suit a proactive person with experience of working in the Welsh political/media environment.
Daily tasks will involve:
- Monitoring of the Senedd's day-to-day activity as well as wider political developments in Wales and Westminster
- Providing daily and weekly intelligence reports for our clients
- Drafting political briefing notes and parliamentary correspondence
- Attending and contributing to client meetings
- Organising client events and receptions
- Supporting party conference activity
- Stakeholder and community Relations activity
- Contributing to our departmental marketing strategy and set-piece Grayling events
- Assisting the wider team with projects and client tasks
Closing Date: 1 July 2019
Interviews will take place week commencing 8th July. Shortlisted candidates will also be asked to complete a short written test.
If the right candidate comes forward earlier, we may well appoint before the closing date.
For an initial discussion about the role, or to ask questions, please contact Isabelle Michelson, Senior Account Executive, by emai: Isabelle.Michelson@grayling.com
To apply for the role, please send a CV and covernig letter by email to Isabelle.email@example.com