Date Added: 7 June 2019
: 23 June 2019
Job Title: International Policy Assistant
Working For: The Law Society
The role focuses on supporting the international policy work of the Law Society, promoting the expertise of our members to a global audience and engaging with a wide range of international stakeholders including legal professionals, governments, and trade bodies.
As a policy assistant, you will support the international team to deliver the Law Society’s international strategy, with a particular focus (but not limited to) supporting the work of two policy advisers covering the Americas and the Africa & Middle East regions.
What's in it for you:
- work for a prestigious organisation in the legal sector
- opportunity to work with a range of international stakeholders on a variety of political and commercial policy issues
- wide range of experience leading on communications, developing policy and events, and stakeholder engagement
- occasional international travel opportunities
What we're looking for:
- a natural communicator, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders from a wide range of backgrounds
- excellent written communication skills, including web and social media
- experience working with and drafting policy documents
- an analytical thinker, able to follow UK and international policy developments and spotting opportunities for engagement
- ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to take the initiative
- well organised and good administrative skills
- attention to detail and ability to organise events
Closing Date: 23 June 2019
Interviews are expected to take place in early July.
To apply, please submit a CV and supporting statement clearly demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role, via the Law Society Website.