Date Added: 7 June 2019
: 28 June 2019
Job Title: Economist
Working For: Make UK, a client of Ellwood Atfield
EEF Ltd (trading as Make UK) are champions & ambassadors for the engineering & manufacturing industry in the UK, supporting businesses around the country.
Working within the Economics team, the economist will play a central role in Make UK’s analysis and forecasts of the economy and UK manufacturing. Make UK’s Economics team is a fast moving, highly visible, and credible unit, providing insight and analysis of the economy and manufacturing to member firms, government officials and media outlets. The job will involve working with the team to provide high quality economic analysis to support economic and policy positions.
The role of economist will expand as the needs of the in-house economic team evolve and require someone who is interested in developing an expertise in business economics, economic policy and the manufacturing sector.
- Develop and prepare Make UK publications, briefings and blog posts on the state of the economy, UK manufacturing and individual sectors
- Provide up to date analysis and forecasts to the Economics department, regional offices and member firms
- Contribute to the development of Make UK briefings and policy positions on government policies to promote manufacturing.
- Take a lead in developing a policy area relevant to the productivity and competitiveness of manufacturing.
- Follow new developments in business and economic research
- Contribute to the work of Make UK policy committees and regional advisory board network.
Key skills and experience required
- A degree or equivalent level in economics or an economics-related discipline.
- Highly numerate with excellent communication skills
- Ability to analyse and manipulate data and statistics using spreadsheets and databases
- Some knowledge/familiarity with economic forecasting models and survey analysis tools and techniques would be an advantage
- A good grasp both of economic concepts and of the practical concerns of the engineering/manufacturing industry would be preferable
- Experience in a political lobbying or campaigning organisation and a demonstrable interest in manufacturing and the issues facing the industry.
For more information, please visit: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/economist-az-1906-6686/
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
Interviews will take place on an ongoing basis, and an appointment may be made before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified. Please apply ASAP if you're interested in this position.
For more information, or to apply for the Economist position, please forward a copy of your CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button via the vacancy here: https://www.ellwoodatfield.com/job/economist-az-1906-6686/
We will endeavour to acknowledge all applicants, but if you have not heard from us by the closing date, we regret to say that your application has been unsuccessful.