Date Added: 11 June 2019
: 10 July 2019
Job Title: Policy Manager
Working For: TheCityUK
Key Activities & Responsibilities
- Manage and support a number of standing policy committees with a particular focus on FinTech (including Artificial Intelligence) and cyber security related regulation and policy. The Policy Manager is also responsible for TheCityUK’s Tax Group and development of tax policy positions. This includes drafting the agenda and papers for discussion and organising meetings.
- Establish and manage a network of stakeholders as appropriate to the work of the policy committees to support ongoing policy work and the policymaker relationships of senior management.
- Work with the HoP and others on the production of key policy outputs. This involves managing the production process and co-ordinating content from steering groups, responding to government consultations, interviewing members to produce policy positions, and developing discussion papers.
- Support TheCityUK’s ongoing strategic partnerships with government bodies, in particular HM Treasury’s Financial Services Trade and Investment Board (FSTIB) FinTech programme.
- Be an active member of the IRSG secretariat to help deliver its workstream programmes, overseen jointly with the City of London Corporation.
- Manage and support the Anglo-Italian Dialogue, arranging delegations, providing secretariat functions and co-ordinating occasional research papers.
- Where relevant attend international events and summits to represent the work of TheCityUK.
- Liaise with members of TheCityUK’s External Relations and Strategic Issues team to identify opportunities for infrastructure, tax and FinTech to be fed into the work of the international Market Advisory Groups.
- Provide briefings for senior colleagues in advance of high level meetings.
- Assist the HoP in delivering TheCityUK’s senior stakeholder engagement programme, and where relevant represent the organisation in external fora.
- Utilise TheCityUK’s project management framework as appropriate.
- Carry out any other duties as reasonably instructed.
Please see full job description which can be found on our careers page in the link below.
Closing Date: 10 July 2019
We may appoint before the closing date if a suitable candidate is found.
Please apply through our careers page https://www.thecityuk.com/home/careers/