Date Added: 11 June 2019
: 23 June 2019
Job Title: Policy Advisor
Working For: Cancer Research UK
Salary: Circa £30,000 + strong benefits
Location: Angel, London (relocating to Stratford in Oct 2019)
Are you keen to join a high-profile and award-winning department which saves lives through influencing cancer policy across the UK and Europe?
What is the role?
We are looking for ambitious individuals to
- Identify, research and develop positions on policy issues important to CRUK – such as childhood obesity, tobacco control, and public health & prevention in the NHS
- Communicate the charity’s position on policy issues to Government, policy-makers and other stakeholders
- Develop specialist expertise in issues relevant to your policy area
- Build links with the policy, healthcare professional and research community to assist with the development of policy positions and research proposals as required.
- To view a full job description please click here.
Why this role?
We are now looking for a policy advisor (cancer prevention) to carry out structured pieces of policy development to support our parliamentary and campaigning activities on cancer prevention policy, namely supporting our childhood obesity campaign and national action to reduce smoking rates. You’ll be responsible for producing policy positions and representing these positions and the work of Cancer Research UK both internally and externally with key stakeholders. You’ll be part of an award winning and busy department charged with influencing to achieve Cancer Research UK's vision and goals.
What are you looking for?
You can help us save millions of lives through..
- Your strong research and analytical skills and specific knowledge of issues relating to cancer prevention and the NHS
- Your excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Your strong interpersonal skills and ability to negotiate with stakeholders at all levels
Our passion, determination and ambition leads us to set ourselves more and more challenging targets so you’ll need to have good knowledge of the political process and methods of influencing to ensure that the UK and European policy environment matches the needs of cancer researchers, the charity, health professionals and patients. Ideally you will have previous experience of working in, or with, the NHS, relevant government or commercial organisations to help us make the case for cancer prevention.
Closing Date: 23 June 2019
Please apply via the below link