Date Added: 12 June 2019
: 5 July 2019
Job Title: Junior Public Affairs Consultant
Working For: Central Lobby Consultants
Length of Contract:
Central Lobby Consultants (CLC) seeks a Junior Public Affairs Consultant to join its small busy team working with a range of UK and European clients.
The role would suit a candidate with experience in a policy related role, looking to develop their career in public affairs. The role is full time and based in our office in Westminster and may require occasional travel to meetings outside London.
Responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring policy and legislative developments (primarily in the UK) from a range of sources and reporting these to clients.
- Preparation of briefing notes, meeting agendas and minutes, newsletters and press releases.
- Support for CLC's lobbying work, including preparation of consultation responses.
- Provision of secretariat support for clients, including membership subscriptions, circulation of newsletters and maintaining databases, group e-mail lists and websites.
- Helping to co-ordinate meetings, including liaison with external speakers.
- A demonstrable understanding of UK political processes.
- Relevant experience and an interest in politics and public affairs.
- Excellent spoken and written English, with good communication skills.
- The ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate written material, with strong proof-reading skills and excellent attention to detail.
- A good degree in a relevant subject.
- Good IT knowledge and experience using MS Office.
- A self-starter who is happy to work in a quiet but demanding office.
- The ability to work on one's own initiative while having an awareness of the limits of the role and client confidentiality.
- Practical experience of using Dods, Mailchimp, Wordpress and social media.
- Experience of co-ordinating meetings and events.
Closing Date: 5 July 2019
Interviews will take place in mid-July 2019, with the hope that the successful candidate can start as soon as possible after that.
Please send a covering letter and CV to Chris Lane at firstname.lastname@example.org, including information on your availability to start the role (including details of any notice period).
As part of their application, candidates are also asked to provide an answer to the following questions:
- What is CLC's company registration number?
- What is the name of the current Lord Privy Seal?