Date Added: 17 June 2019
: 17 July 2019
Job Title: Policy Manager - Growth, Productivity & Innovation
Working For: Tech UK
techUK is looking for a dynamic and committed policy professional to join the techUK Policy Team.
From tech businesses driving innovation and job creation through to how digital tools can boost productivity throughout the economy, the next few years will be critical to the UK’s place as a home for tech. techUK works with our members across the UK to identify the policy interventions that can drive the next generation of growth and to shape the way politicians, officials and others think about the new, digitized, economy.
This role will be responsible for helping deliver on this agenda, looking at issues such as how the UK’s Industrial Strategy can support the tech sector and help tech businesses start, invest and grow in the UK. The Policy Manager will also lead on work to explore the link between digital adoption, digitization and productivity and how the UK can ensure all businesses take advantage.
- Assist the Associate Director for Policy in developing techUK’s positioning on industrial strategy and economic policy, including but not limited to: successfully leading, managing and delivering internal and external events; the smooth running of meetings; and managing and implementing stakeholder engagement activities; acting as the point of contact for techUK members.
- Research policy issues and draft papers and consultation responses for Government, Parliamentary committees and others.
- Provide secretariat support for techUK’s Economic Digitisation Working Group, Innovation Policy Working Group and other working groups as required.
- Ensure effective use of web and social media to communicate techUK’s positions and point of view.
- Support techUK’s public affairs work in Parliament and engagement across Whitehall.
- Support techUK’s engagement with other industry bodies, such as the CBI, UK Finance and Innovate UK.
- Support in the management and implementation of an effective contact programme, ensuring in house CRM is used effectively.
- Any other duties as required by the Associate Director for Policy and techUK's senior management.
Closing Date: 17 July 2019
This role profile is a guide to the work that is required but does not form part of any contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances. The successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK prior to the commencement of employment
Please email - email@example.com with CV and a cover letter stating interest in the role.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are only able to contact successful applicants. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful on this occasion.