Date Added: 18 June 2019
: 24 June 2019
Job Title: Internship - Perspectives Programme
Working For: Kaleidoscope
Hello, we’re Kaleidoscope. A social enterprise using our earnings to further our mission: to work with others in health and care to create a future which is connected, kind and joyful.
We're very excited to be launching The Perspectives Programme, a 9 month paid internship placement for people at the start of their career in the health world.
The programme is open to all applicants, no matter their background or experience, provided they have a passion for improving health and care, and a plan for promoting unheard voices and celebrating diversity.
WHAT WE WANT:
- No minimum education required but candidates must be literate, numerate and comfortable using a computer to produce documents
- Committed to diversity. Able to draw on personal lived experience to promote diversity in health and/or at Kaleidoscope
- A passion for improving health and care, who wants to promote unheard voices and celebrate diversity
- A keen interest in the health and care world. No formal expertise required - just lots of enthusiasm and interest in our work
- Organisational brilliance. From experience of running projects to organising a huge birthday bash for your Mum's fiftieth; we're looking for someone who can juggle a lot while having an eye for detail.
- A flexible and proactive attitude. Thumb twiddlers need not apply. And while office yoga is not (yet) mandatory, you will have to be happy taking responsibility for a range of different tasks with an ability to adapt quickly.
- Tech savvy. You don't need to be a complete IT whizz, but a bit of tech skill combined with creativity won't go amiss.
- Resilience. Kaleidoscope is no fairy-tale; and as a start-up without a genie propping us up with stacks of gold, we've no right to exist. Tolerance of ambiguity is key here.
- A bucket load of charm. You know how to talk to all-sorts, and like doing so too. You'll also understand what it takes to work well in a team (please note, we accept gifts of biscuits all days of the week but prefer cake on Fridays).
You can find lots more information about the programme here: https://www.kaleidoscope.healthcare/internship.html
Closing Date: 24 June 2019
Start date: September 2019
Round one: pitch your project
Please read the instructions of how to apply here: https://www.kaleidoscope.healthcare/internship.html
Applications for this internship scheme close at 9am on the closing date.