Date Added: 19 June 2019
: 2 July 2019
Job Title: Lead Europe-Eurasia Analyst
Working For: Sibylline
Salary: From £30,000 depending on experience
Sibylline Ltd is looking for a professional and insightful geopolitical risk analyst to head our Europe-Eurasia desk and provide thought leadership as our lead Eurasia analyst. Based in our London office, the Europe-Eurasia desk supplies and maintains analytical and investigatory services on geopolitical and security developments across both regions. Analysts detect, analyse, and advise on adverse conditions that could affect the safety, reputation, security and operational continuity of our clients. These conditions include but are not limited to: political instability and unrest, crime, terrorism, governance risks and an awareness of cyber threats. This role requires both the management of the Europe-Eurasia team as well as the production of analytical content for the Eurasia region. While the role is analytically focused on the Eurasia region, the lead analyst is required to work with the Europe analysts, ensuring their output Is analytically cogent and to manage their respective pipelines. Additionally, analysts will be required to augment our investigations function, conducting research.
- A master's degree in international politics, international relations or a related field; with a strong comprehension of political, security, business and governance dynamics in Europe – Eurasia
- A high level of competency in Russian, both reading and speaking.
- An excellent academic record and 2+ years of professional experience in a relevant field
- Strong attention to detail, and determined in the execution of research
- Strong analytical and writing skills, with native-level spoken and written English; with an aptitude for writing and editing with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Proven organisational skills with the ability to set, manage and meet tight deadlines Experience in editing and proofing written work.
- Internet / online database research skills, including knowledge of proprietary databases such as Factiva and Lexis Nexis.
- Creative research capabilities; the ability to solve problems by thinking out of the box
For a full job description please see https://www.sibylline.co.uk/careers/
Closing Date: 2 July 2019
The successful candidate would ideally be available to start as soon as possible.
Following filtration of candidates based on CV, a writing assessment will be conducted (at an arranged time to suit you) to test writing and analytical ability. Successful applicants will then be invited to interview.
To apply for this position please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org