Date Added: 21 June 2019
: 15 July 2019
Job Title: Communications Intern
Working For: Toy Industries of Europe
Salary: Belgium CIP conditions
Are you looking to gain professional experience in EU policy making? Can you communicate engagingly with a wide range of audiences on subjects covering everything from technical toy safety standards to the importance of play? Do you have the ability to think on your feet and respond quickly to new developments? Do you know your Twitter from your TikTok? Most importantly, have you got a passion for play? If so, you might be interested to hear what we have to offer!
Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) is looking for a communications intern. The paid internship (or stage in Brussels speak) will initially last for 6 months, with the possibility of extension up to a year. If successful, you will be part of a small international team who represent the EU toy sector to policy makers in Brussels. This includes some of the world’s most loved toy brands through to small local companies.
As well as an opportunity to gain experience in a membership-based international trade association, the internship will be a chance for you to develop your Brussels network and to see first hand the EU decision making process.
- Monitoring EU and national policy developments – for example on toy safety, environment, consumer protection, international trade and intellectual property rights
- Contributing to TIE’s digital presence on our websites and social media
- Drafting articles for the trade press and general media
- Organising stakeholder and member events
- Engaging with newly elected Members of the European Parliament
- Promoting the importance of play to EU policy makers
- Supporting the management of key digital communications projects
- Assisting colleagues in the development and design of external presentations
- Ad hoc support for administrative tasks (including data base management)
- Degree in Communications, Journalism European Studies, Law or Social Sciences;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written. A real interest in clear communications. Additional languages are an asset;
- Knowledge of/interest in EU affairs and issues;
- Social media management skills;
- Web editing skills – knowledge of Wordpress CMS is an added value;
- Experience in producing content for the online environment – notably social media;
- Experience with Adobe CS (or equivalent) desirable;
Please note the wage is governed by Convention D'Immersion Professionelle (Belgium): https://www.bruxelles-j.be/travailler/ton-premier-emploi/la-convention-dimmersion-professionnelle/
Closing Date: 15 July 2019
Interviews will take place on a rolling basis with the option of video call interviews for candidates based outside of Brussles. Candidates will also be asked to take part in a short written test. The successful candidate will begin between mid-August and start of September.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter (in English only) by email to TIE’s Director General, Catherine Van Reeth, at firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please mention ‘TIE Internship’ in the subject line. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.