Date Added: 2 July 2019
: 12 August 2019
Job Title: Campaigns Intern
Working For: 38 Degrees
Who are we?
38 Degrees is made up of more than 2 million people from all walks of life across the UK. We have different backgrounds and opinions, but we all agree - politics works better when more of us get involved.
38 Degrees helps make that happen, by giving people in every corner of the country the tools to make our voices heard on the issues we care about. Together, we sign online petitions, chip in to fund expert research and talk to our MPs. In the space of a week, millions of members could be campaigning on anything from protecting our NHS and stopping cuts to Universal Credit, to saving local libraries and pushing for laws that welcome more refugees.
We run campaigns which help make Britain a better and fairer place to live.
What will you do?
- Work with the campaigns team on every aspect of planning and running our people-powered campaigns
- Lead on specific projects, such as being responsible for organising and running an event, or developing a social media strategy that helps a campaign be seen by millions
- Develop creative content, including captivating Facebook ads, or writing an emotive email that inspires hundreds of thousands to take action
- Help to organise and take part in stunts and tactics as part of a campaign team. Past examples that recent interns have supported on include: a walk from a library under threat of closure to the nearest alternative to show the impact on the community, and attending a petition hand in at parliament.
We feel confident (not to mention excited!) that you’ll finish the 8 months with:
- A strategic and practical understanding of delivering campaigns
- Highly-transferable technical and communications skills
- The ability to collaborate effectively, listen to and consider the team’s insight and work together to reach the best solution
- A strong foundation within the industry, and a significantly increased chance of securing your next position outside of 38 Degrees
“If you're an aspiring campaigner then you will not find a better school than 38 Degrees. Think of it as a lab that mixes concepts like people-power with innovative tactics to deliver ever more ambitious campaigns. Each week will be different. If you want to work on a wide range of campaigns and learn something new everyday, then 38 Degrees is the place to go.”
Closing Date: 12 August 2019
Starting date: End September/Early October 2019
Shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an assessment day on the 3rd September 2019 in Farringdon London. We pay everyone who attends a stipend of £150.