Date Added: 24 June 2019
: 15 July 2019
Job Title: Digital Communications Officer
Working For: Liberal Democrats
- Regularly posting on the central Liberal Democrat channels, responding to political events, driving key campaigns and explaining our policy positions in suitable language for the channel.
- Production of online graphics for social media, the website and digital marketing
- Community management and engagement with our Facebook groups.
- Acting as the digital staffer for events with key party spokespeople, including MPs. Using these events for content creation, including photography and videos.
- Ensure there is wider understanding in the party of key messages and aims (ensure you understand it, and prioritise, and how to share it with members, the public and MPs)
- creative, organised and motivated individual who has excellent oral and written communication skills to help us achieve this goal.
- prepared to continually adapt and trial new ideas.
- comfortable testing new ideas and experimenting with new executions, measuring performance through data-based evidence.
- ability to juggle a demanding workload, be a team player, and work under pressure whilst maintaining clear creative ideas and organisation.
- very comfortable with digital innovation and using digital skills in all aspects of campaigning, especially in promoting messages and engaging with voters.
- understanding of the different digital channels and media that must be prioritised for a political party.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent written communication skills and attention to detail in all work.
- A clear understanding of message delivery.
- Experience of design software, such as Pageplus and Adobe Suite (Indesign / Illustrator / PhotoShop).
- Ability to use design to maximise engagement on social media.
- Ability to use analytics to assess performance.
- Confidence dealing with Members and online communities.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and deal with a competing range of demands.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make quick decisions under pressure.
- A strong understanding of the current political environment, and able to demonstrate what the Liberal Democrats must do in order promote messages and engage voters.
- A commitment to the principles, aims and objectives of the Liberal Democrats.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- The ability to film, edit and produce video content.
- HTML and web design
Closing Date: 15 July 2019
Interviews will be conducted from 17th July 2019
For questions and further details, and to submit an application, please contact:
- A copy of your CV; including complete work history
- A Covering Letter; no more than 2 pages of A4 in length, indicating clearly how your experience and skills meet the criteria stated in the job and person specification. Please also write your name on top of your supporting statement.