Date Added: 25 June 2019
: 12 July 2019
Job Title: Caseworker
Working For: Seema Malhotra MP (Feltham and Heston)
Salary: £21,960-£32,548 depending on experience
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public.
- Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress and bringing cases to a successful close.
- Liaising with government agencies, voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with GDPR.
- Drafting responses to constituents.
- Reporting on casework trends to the MP.
- Managing the constituency diary.
- Assisting with the day to day running of the office including, managing supplies and undertaking other administrative tasks as and when required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills – some experience of being able to analyse data is desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including a good telephone manner.
- Experience of working with and dealing with the general public.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a busy team.
- Previous experience dealing with casework either in an MP’s office or similar setting.
- Key IT skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of social media.
- Minimum typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Experience using Caseworker MP or a similar database.
- A strong attention to detail and an ability to prioritise a demanding workload, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Demonstrable commitment to Labour Party values.
This role will be primarily based in the constituency office with some Westminster working. Occasional weekend work for surgeries and coffee mornings may be required.
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 July 2019
Interviews will take place on 19 July or the morning of 22 July. It would be helpful if you could state your availability in your covering letter.
We are looking for somebody to start as soon as possible.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter up to a maximum of two sides of A4, setting out why you believe you are suitable for the role. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org stating Application for Caseworker in the subject line.