Date Added: 25 June 2019
: 22 July 2019
Job Title: Events and Communications Assistant
Working For: Reform
Salary: £10.55 per hour (London Living Wage)
Reform is recruiting an Events and Communications Assistant for 6 months on a full-time basis. The successful candidate will be involved in organising Reform’s policy events and in delivering Reform’s communications strategy.
Reform runs an annual programme of around 50 policy events a year which bring together leaders across government and the opposition, public services and business to push the public policy debate forward. The Events and Communications Assistant will play a key role in organising a portfolio of events to ensure they are delivered to a high standard.
Maximising the impact of Reform’s work is crucial to ensure its research is disseminated and read by key stakeholders. The successful candidate will be involved in updating content across Reform’s communications channels, including the website and social media. They will work on launching Reform’s reports, including content and media strategy.
Reform is an independent, non-party think tank dedicated to achieving better and smarter public services, and delivering value for money. We work on core sectors such as health and social care, education, home affairs and justice, and work and pensions. Our work also covers cross-cutting issues including public service design and delivery, and digital public services.
- Assist with delivering a portfolio of Reform’s events, including the RSVP process, producing event materials and on-the-day logistics
- Assist with Reform’s communications strategy, updating content across Reform’s communications channels and working on report launches
- Maintain accurate records in the database and update where appropriate
- Support the wider work of the events, communications and fundraising team where appropriate
- To undertake other reasonable duties as specified by a Director, and to contribute to the general development of Reform
- Strong organisational and administrative skills, including multi-tasking and working under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A positive and can-do approach
- Enthusiasm and commitment
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
The application deadline is 09.00 on the closing date.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 31 July 2019. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK, and be available to work for six months starting as soon as possible.
Reform uses the Be Applied website for recruitment. All applications should be submitted using this link https://app.beapplied.com/apply/o2hdkhytzs
You will need to:
- Fill out 5 questions about your education, skills, work experience and volunteering experience. Please do not include the name of institutions where you have studied
- No CVs or cover letters should be submitted as part of your application
- Answer 3 questions about your motivation to work at Reform, your interest in the role and a task-based question
- Late applications will not be considered