Date Added: 26 June 2019
: 15 July 2019
Job Title: Office Manager
Working For: Colin Clark MP (Gordon)
Rikki Williams, a long-established Political Consultant is looking to appoint into a Member of Parliaments office in Westminster a full time Senior Parliamentary Assistant/Office Manager to support the Member of Parliament in his Parliamentary work and to undertake a managerial and supervisory role. This position would ideally suit a candidate with previous experience as a Parliamentary Assistant, Office Manager or in a similar field.
This is a permanent position subject to satisfactory completion of a six-month probationary period.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Diary Management
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the
- Give advice on policy issues
- Monitor media coverage and brief the Member on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Project Work
- Provide general admin support
- Oversee and respond to policy correspondence and enquiries
- Undertake research
- Budget & Staffing management
- A good working knowledge of Parliament and current affairs with good political judgement. Parliamentary experience is desirable but not essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as strong research and analytical skills with an emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a wider team as well as the ability to work independently without supervision
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Key IT skills including use of the Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of social media and basic website knowledge
- Commitment to Conservative Party values
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 15 July 2019
Interviews will take place around the beginning of August with a view to the successful candidate starting on or around the beginning of September.
A short covering letter and CV to email@example.com