Date Added: 25 June 2019
: 12 July 2019
Job Title: Constituency Communications Manager
Working For: Emma Hardy MP (Kingston upon Hull West and Hessle)
Location: Kingston Upon Hull
Emma Hardy, Member of Parliament for Hull West and Hessle, is looking for a hardworking and proactive Constituency Communications Manager to join her friendly constituency office team.
The ideal candidate will have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude, good people skills, excellent organisational and time management skills and a very keen interest in politics.
The post holder will be responsible for developing and implementing a pro-active local media and social media strategy. They will also manage community engagement activities across the constituency.
- Planning and organising local campaigns and events
- Liaising with various councillors, agencies, organisations and stakeholders
- Accompanying the MP to surgeries and constituency events (may require occasional weekend work)
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required
- Prepare media briefings
- Proactive and re-active communications with all media
- Manage the MPs website
Skills required include:
- Strong planning and organisational ability; self-motivated and able to take the initiative
- Proficiency in the use of social media, ability to write press releases
- Proven record in community engagement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 July 2019
Interviews will be conducted as applications are made.
A short-written task will be required to be undertaken by those who make the shortlist.
Start date - 1st September 2019
Please send a short covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, putting ‘Job Application’ in the subject line.