Date Added: 26 June 2019
: 19 July 2019
Job Title: Communications Assistant/Officer
Working For: European Leadership Network
Salary: £27,000-£32,000 per annum, depending on skills and experience
Development and implementation of the communication and outreach strategy of the ELN by:
- Working with the communications team to ensure that the organisation has an effective and well-targeted outreach and communications strategy.
- Updating the ELN website, including writing and proofreading website summaries and other full-text content as required.
- Updating, monitoring and developing the ELN’s social media accounts (including creating and scheduling content).
- Drafting press releases and new stories for publication.
- Identifying and engaging with journalists and relevant media partners.
- Monitoring news and events relevant to the organisation work and activities.
- Contributing to organising events, conferences and overseas high-level delegation visits.
- Assisting in providing regular updates on all ELN activities to ELN network members and to the ELN’s wider audience.
- Updating and maintaining contacts databases and lists.
- Monitoring and recording ELN policy and media impact.
- Manage our contacts database, assisting staff on its use and suggesting improvements to our current practices.
- Be the main point of contact for our IT support and database software providers.
- Degree in relevant subject.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Some experience of organising and running events.
- Experience of using social media platforms and content management systems, such as WordPress.
- Comfortable with editing and proof reading papers by technical experts.
- Demonstrable experience working in a face-paced team environment.
- Previous experience in an external relations or press office role.
- Experience of dealing with journalists.
- An understanding of security and defence issues or international affairs.
- Working knowledge of at least one other European language beyond English.
- Experience of interacting with national and international policy-makers.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly InDesign publishing and typesetting software.
Closing Date: 19 July 2019
Interview dates: From 29th July 2019
Preferred start date: 1st September 2019
To apply, please email your CV and a letter detailing how you meet the selection criteria to Charisse Fallaria at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the European Leadership Network please visit our website.
Please note that, due to the large number of applications we receive, we are not able to acknowledge receipt of all applications and only shortlisted candidates will be notified.