Date Added: 26 June 2019
: 21 July 2019
Job Title: Advocacy Campaign Manager – Sustainable Seafood
Working For: a client of Webrecruit
Salary: up to £33,300 pro-rata
We ultimately want sustainable seafood to be the only choice for consumers and we are looking for an experienced and successful advocate to play a key part in our work to influence UK businesses and the general public to adopt responsible seafood buying practices. This role will develop exciting campaigns and communications and develop influential relationships which support our seafood buying advice, promote our Good Fish Guide and extend its reach.
Our aims are ambitious, and require campaigns that are bold and progressive, creating a positive impact with our wide range of stakeholders, from businesses to NGOs and the general public. You will be part of a passionate team - able to draw on our existing high-level expertise in fisheries & aquaculture, campaigning, and communications – where you will act as a key spokesperson to bring new focus on our work.
The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) is at the heart of the movement to protect and restore our seas. We are the UK's leading marine charity and we have played a central role in bringing about the current focus on sustainable fish choices, and the impact of marine plastics.
- Excellent communicator and proven ability to simply communicate complex scientific messages to targeted audiences and able to show how these communications have influenced the audience.
- At least three years’ experience in a relevant sector, such as conservation.
- Experience of running projects and/or campaigns which have resulted in the desired changes to business practices.
- Good attention to detail and ability to undertake some repetitive tasks.
- Knowledge of wild capture and farmed seafood production and associated environmental impacts.
- A degree in a scientific, natural resource management or conservation field
- Good team player, who is able to work remotely from their immediate team.
MCS is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Advocacy Campaign Manager, Sustainable Seafood, Project Manager, Advocacy & Campaign Manager, Sustainable Seafood Campaign.
Closing Date: 21 July 2019
Interviews: Monday 5 – Wednesday 7 August 2019
To apply for the role of Advocacy Campaign Manager, please select the apply button then download the Information Pack for the full job description and information about working at MCS.
As part of your application, you’ll be asked to submit a cover letter with your CV which tells us why you would like to work with us, and how you meet the role and person specification. We value this element of the application, so make sure you include it.
Please do not upload your CV in a PDF or .pages format, as we remove all personal information.