Date Added: 26 June 2019
: 22 July 2019
Job Title: Communications and Executive Assistant
Working For: Religious Education Council of England and Wales
The RE Council's Communications and Executive Assistant will work within a small executive team, working with a larger group of RE experts volunteering their time. The role includes communications, executive assistant and project work.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic and willing to undertake a range of different tasks as needed within a small charity. They will be organised with an eye for detail. They will either have previous experience in a similar role or the ability to learn the necessary skills rapidly when in post.
The post holder will report to the Chief Executive. The post will be based at the REC office in central London.
A full job description is as follows:
- Update and maintain REC website and Professional Development Portal.
- Update the news update section of the REC’s website to fully reflect the REC’s ongoing activity.
- Update the REC’s social media streams, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Act as first point of contact for the REC, dealing with enquiries made by e-mail or telephone, and with correspondence as appropriate.
- Prepare letters and e-mails to internal and external stakeholders, including MPs, education professionals and member bodies.
- Collate, compose and distribute monthly newsletter.
- Maintain REC contacts and mailing lists.
- Organising meetings and travel, drafting correspondence, inbox management, and maintaining electronic filing systems for the office of the Chief Executive.
- Manage the diary and schedule of the REC’s Chief Executive.
- Produce and distribute papers for meetings of the Board, Council and Committees as needed.
- Take minutes of Board, Council and Committee meetings as required.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures and other relevant decisions by the Board, Council and Committees are recorded and flagged up for action as required.
- Maintain a record of REC activities, keep a diary of meetings and events, and update REC calendar.
- Service meetings, including access and security arrangements with premises reception staff, room configurations, and refreshments.
- Provide logistical support for external events, meetings and conferences.
- Assisting the Chief Executive in administering all functions of the Chief Executive’s office.
- Act as administrative support for the RE Council’s Young Ambassadors programme.
Closing Date: 22 July 2019
Interviews will take place in the week beginning 29th July. Start date 2nd September 2019 (negotiable).
Please send a concise CV, the contact details of two referees and a letter of application of up to 800 words giving evidence of your suitability for the post to email@example.com. This should be sent by 5pm on the closing date.