Date Added: 27 June 2019
: 26 August 2019
Job Title: Policy and Public Affairs Executive
Working For: National Federation of Builders
The National Federation of Builders (NFB) represents builders, contractors and house builders across England and Wales. As one of the UK’s longest standing trade bodies, it was created to represent the building profession and to promote conditions its members need to thrive and contribute to the economic success of the UK.
Its members range from the sole trader to large, multi-million pound construction companies, with turnover ranging from below £500,000 to over £500 million. The federation provides expert advice, training, representation and business services for members so that they can comply with industry standards, excel in delivery, and grow successful businesses.
- To help deliver and promote the NFB’s policy, public affairs and research objectives
- To analyse and understand members’ needs
- To inform members of changes in public policy
- Monitor construction industry developments and evaluate their relevance and effect on the federation and its members companies
- Provide research and analytical support to underpin policy positions
- Provide public affairs support to ensure the federation’s programmes of engagement and influencing are executed
- Contribute to the federation’s monthly member newsletter, the weekly news briefing and other policy publications or articles
- Ensure the NFB’s policy and research work is reflected on the federation’s websites and social media channels and any partner or associated websites, as appropriate
- Help to promote sound working relationships with all major organisations that have an impact on, or interest in, construction
- Perform any other duties required for the delivery and promotion of the federation’s policy, research and PR objectives
- Excellent written communication skills and first class attention to detail
- Knowledge of the workings of Parliament and the policymaking process would be desirable
- Ability to grasp issues quickly
- A clear sense of team spirit and the ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Strong research, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects
- Strong IT skills that match the day-to-day demands of the post
- Skilled use of social media in a business context
- Good diary management skills
Closing Date: 26 August 2019
To apply, please write a single page letter outlining your skills and experiences and why you meet the above criteria, including a CV with your past work experience and email to Helen Evans, Human Resources Manager at email@example.com
Selection will be through face-to-face interviews.
NFB is an equal opportunities employer; if you have any special requirements to meet the interview process please include this in your application.