Date Added: 27 June 2019
: 14 July 2019
Job Title: Government Relations Executive
Working For: Tesco
Location: Welwyn Garden City
About the role
This is an exciting role for a dynamic, motivated individual to be an integral part of Tesco's government relations team, supporting our work to engage effectively on political developments and policy formulation, with a particular focus on Westminster and Whitehall.
You'll be expected to run the team’s monitoring and intelligence gathering; support the team in delivering Tesco's engagement with government, trade bodies, politicians and policy makers and be proactive in helping to identify opportunities and risks to the business and implement effective government relations strategies.
You will be responsible for
- Manage the team’s monitoring and intelligence gathering processes working with external organisations and internal colleagues.
- Draft materials, including briefings, presentations, and external communications.
- Support policy development, including the formation of consultation responses and policy positions.
- Lead Tesco’s relationship with our monitoring agency as well as engaging with other agencies and trade bodies.
- Work with the government relations team and colleagues across the business to support the delivery of projects across the team’s strategic priority areas.
- Identify and deliver proactive influencing opportunities, working with internal and external stakeholders, to showcase the business positively and support integrated campaigns.
You will need
- Strong knowledge and understanding of British politics and policy making processes.
- An interest in Tesco, the retail sector and business policy more generally.
- Strong influencing and communication skills and excellent written skills.
- Ability to understand complex issues quickly.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and excellent organisational skills.
- Working knowledge of Office IT systems - Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook.
- Experience or understanding of working closely with political stakeholders including MPs and civil servants.
- Experience of effective policy formation and government relations strategies.
- 3-4 years relevant experience.
Closing Date: 14 July 2019
Please submit your CV via our careers page: