Date Added: 27 June 2019
: 18 July 2019
Job Title: Network Lead
Working For: University Alliance
Salary: £45,000 per annum to be applied pro rata
University Alliance is a mission group, representing and supporting modern civic universities with a professional and technical focus. We are well respected as a thoughtful and constructive force in the higher education sector and are committed to becoming a much stronger lobbying force within the sector, and for our members.
We are looking for a dynamic individual to lead and manage our academic and professional member networks. The role will hold primary responsibility for proactively engaging and facilitating our academic and professional groups including senior leaders, academics and professionals across our university members. This is a strategically important role working for and on behalf of our member universities to build collaboration and deliver tangible outcomes for both the collective mission group and the individual member institutions. If you are a driven, results orientated individual who enjoys working with intellectually stimulating and passionate people to deliver solutions and are a great and engaging facilitator then please apply.
- Leadership and management of the core academic and professional networks co-ordinated by the University Alliance for our member institutions including agreeing a clear strategy with the network and key deliverables which the network will work towards achieving.
- Supporting the networks to deliver their strategy by working with colleagues within the UA, across the membership and with key partners and stakeholders.
- Organisation and administration of a programme of networking events and activities for University Alliance members: thematic network meetings, start and finish groups, member workshops, etc.
- Ensuring regular communications of activities with these different groups and networks.
- Work with internal colleagues to align the work of these networks with other professional groups and networks that are run by the UA.
- Liaise and cooperate with the organisation’s senior team: CEO, Head of Communications and Public Affairs, Head of Policy in delivering specific events.
- Liaise with the Operations team to carry out logistical and operational tasks for each event (venue hire, invitations and attendance list, manage speakers, if applicable, papers etc.)
Terms and conditions of employment: This is a part-time (0.4FTE). fixed term one year position.
Closing Date: 18 July 2019
Application deadline: 11.59pm on the closing date
Interview date: Friday 2 August
Application process: Please return completed application forms to: email@example.com by the deadline date provided with email subject "Network Lead"
Note: Please do state in application if you are unable to attend on interview date provided.
For further information about the role and to download the full job spec and application pack please visit our website, vacancies section.