Date Added: 27 June 2019
: 12 July 2019
Job Title: Commonwealth SDG Target 8.7 Programme Lead (Self employed)
Working For: Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative
Charity Number: 803325
Salary: £2,750-£3,000 per month depending on experience
The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) is seeking a London based professional to lead our work combatting modern slavery, trafficking, and child exploitation across the Commonwealth. CHRI is an iNGO working across the Commonwealth’s 53 member countries.
CHRI UK is an independent UK charity, however, the London team works closely with colleagues at CHRI’s offices in New Delhi and Accra to conduct research and advocacy. The post-holder will be responsible for leading on all research and advocacy work related to SDG Target 8.7. In particular, they will oversee two connected programmes, one to develop and operationalise the first set of comprehensive SDG Target 8.7 indicators developed by CHRI, and a second to launch and develop a new civil society network for those working on SDG Target 8.7.
As part of a small, dynamic team based in London, the ‘SDG 8.7 Programme Lead’ will work closely with the Head of the London office, the London Executive Committee, and colleagues in London, New Delhi, and Accra.
The successful candidate will have line management of two London based Senior Research and Advocacy officers and a rotating group of volunteers and will report to the Head of the London office.
Specifically, the Programme Lead will:
- Lead CHRI’s London Advocacy Strategy on SDG Target 8.7, ensuring that it is firmly grounded in evidence robust analysis,
- Manage the research team working on the SDG Target 8.7 indicator framework,
- Oversee the management of the award-winning SDG Target 8.7 civil society network.
- A degree or equivalent experience, preferably to Master’s level research and advocacy for human rights and/or international development
- Proven experience conducting evidence-based advocacy
- Strong project and line management experience
- A strong digital skillset
- Well organised, numerate, excellent communication skills
Closing Date: 12 July 2019
Interviews will be held w/c 15th July.
To apply for this position please email an up to date CV and cover letter of no more than 2 pages to email@example.com