Date Added: 28 June 2019
: 25 July 2019
Job Title: Policy & Advocacy Lead (Mental Health)
Working For: Wellcome Trust
Salary: Circa £65,000
- Develop, drive the delivery and monitor the policy strategy for the Mental Health Priority Area programme.
- Define an ambitious policy strategy and aims for Wellcome in the Mental Health arena and set and monitor budget, resource and goals (short, medium and long-term).
- Devise and deliver projects to drive Wellcome’s policy and advocacy aims in Mental Health – autonomously and through others.
- Work closely with others across the programme to develop and input into the Mental Health Priority Area’s over-arching strategy and blueprint.
- To run Wellcome Trust’s policy activities in the Mental Health area, working closely with appropriate internal and external stakeholders:
- Lead on horizon scanning for emerging issues in the Mental Health space. Build links with experts and other teams in Wellcome to identify these issues.
- Produce high quality, evidence-based and rigorous policy outputs, including reports and briefings to support Wellcome's aims.
- Oversee and deliver advocacy strategies to influence key stakeholders whilst ensuring alignment with Mental Health Priority Area’s Communication Manager.
- Drive on developing relationships with key policy organisations in the lived experience, science and research sectors. Identify common interests and coordinate shared policy and advocacy activities, where relevant.
- Represent global policy for Mental Health by giving speeches, participating in panel discussions, giving print/ broadcast interviews as required.
- To recruit and manage a small team
- Play an active leadership role in the Mental Health Priority Area’s Senior Management Team.
- Proactively collaborate with other teams in Wellcome. Build and maintain these relationships and role model positive stakeholder relationships.
Experience & Skills
- Experience of policy and advocacy work, including working with officials and within political organisations.
- Experience of delivering policy advice to decision makers in complex environments.
- Experience of planning projects and managing them through to delivery, and managing others to do the same.
- People management and team building skills.
- Well developed and demonstrable strategic planning skills
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Well developed presentation and facilitation skills
Closing Date: 25 July 2019
Company website via this link: