Date Added: 1 July 2019
: 12 July 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Maria Caulfield MP (Lewes)
Salary: in line with IPSA payscales
Key Responsibilities include:
- corresponding with constituents on casework matters and responding to general constituency enquiries
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities and third party organisations
- Providing information, advice and support for constituents on a range of issues
- Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively on the telephone
- Attending Maria's MP surgeries with her and other meetings as appropriate
- General office admin and support
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Ability to carry out tasks quickly and to a high standard
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and IT skills
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 12 July 2019
Interviews will take place in July.
Please email a CV and short covering letter to Maria at email@example.com
Candidates will be notified via email if they have been shortlisted for interview. Due to large numbers of applications you will only be contacted if you are to be invited for interview.