Date Added: 1 July 2019
: 9 August 2019
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Working For: Lucy Frazer QC MP (South East Cambridgeshire)
Salary: In line with IPSA Payscales
Lucy Frazer QC MP is looking to hire a full-time Parliamentary Assistant / Caseworker in her busy Westminster office. In addition to responding to constituency correspondence, the role will entail some research work. The successful applicant will be highly organised, and capable of producing high quality work to regular deadlines.
- Assisting with constituency casework and policy correspondence
- Acting as a point of contact for members of the public over the telephone
- Occasionally travelling to the South East Cambridgeshire constituency
- Monitoring proceedings in Parliament
- Occasionally attending events on behalf of the MP
- Assisting other members of the staff with ad hoc tasks
- Carrying out administrative tasks and other duties as required in order to contribute to the efficient running of the Member’s office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to prioritise a workload and work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- Strong IT literacy
- The applicant must share the values of the Conservative party
Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO). See Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO) page for further info. MPs generally pay staff in accordance with IPSA guidelines.
Closing Date: 9 August 2019
An appointment may be made before the deadline, with a start date at the start of September.
Please email a CV and covering letter setting out relevant experience and what you think you can bring to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, it may not be possible to respond to all applicants individually, and it will not be possible to provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants.