Date Added: 2 July 2019
: 15 July 2019
Job Title: Communications Associate
Working For: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI)
Salary: Competitive; in line with experience and qualifications
IAVI is seeking a skilled and dynamic Communications Associate to support its team in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
IAVI is a non-profit organization whose mission is to translate scientific discoveries into affordable, accessible public health solutions, including new vaccines. In Europe, a small team conducts Resource Mobilization, Advocacy and Communications activities from a headquarters in Amsterdam.
The Communications Associate will report to the Advocacy Manager. Key responsibilities will include developing briefing documents and hand-outs, helping arrange events and meetings, supporting the development of print and online materials, and supporting IAVI’s Global Communications team with social media and press related activities. This is a mid-level position suitable for someone with at least three years’ relevant work experience.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Help identify, research and analyse relevant European country policies, funding streams and other information to help inform advocacy activities.
- Support the implementation of communications work for the grants that the Europe team supports, including developing and maintaining project-related websites
- Write / produce reports, briefings, profiles, presentations and other materials to support IAVI's advocacy activities relating to specific countries and institutions.
- Manage the coordination and organisation of key events/meetings.
Education, experience and skills
- At least an undergraduate (university) degree in a relevant area (e.g. in health sciences, public health, public policy, communications and /or international affairs)
- A minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in managing and delivering communications activities, ideally in health, sciences or international development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to adapt complex/scientific information to produce high quality materials, reports or proposals.
- Fluency in English, with proficiency in other languages preferred.
- This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week.
- The post will be based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- The incumbent will need to possess the necessary permits for working in the Netherlands / the European Union.
Closing Date: 15 July 2019
To submit your application of interest, please visit the www.iavi.org career site and submit your CV and motivation letter.
For clarifying questions, you can contact the IAVI Amsterdam office at +31205210030 or email email@example.com