Date Added: 2 July 2019
: 21 July 2019
Job Title: Campaigns Volunteer Manager (Ambassador Programme)
Working For: Cancer Research UK
Salary: Circa £40,000 plus benefits
1 in 2 people will get cancer in their lifetime.
Our research saves lives: Over the last 40 years, Cancer Research UK’s work has helped double cancer survival rates in the UK. Our aim is for 3 in 4 people surviving their cancer by 2034.
Our Volunteer Ambassadors play a critical role in campaigning, helping us to inform, improve and change policy so that together, we can beat cancer.
Why we need you
Reporting into our Head of Public Affairs and Campaigns, we are looking for that special someone who can lead our ambitious Volunteer Ambassador programme to recruit, support, motivate and inspire a growing team of volunteers who want to campaign for change to help us beat cancer together.
Our Volunteer Ambassadors work with us to campaign locally and nationally to help bring about the policy changes we need so that together we can beat cancer sooner. Examples of key campaigns our Ambassadors are involved with include building the NHS cancer workforce to treat and diagnose cancers and measures to help reduce obesity and smoking.
What skills are you looking for?
Join our collective force and help us lead the way through your…
- Strong experience of taking a people centred approach, working with volunteers on external campaigns
- Strong strategic thinking and planning skills
- Line management, team leadership and volunteer engagement experience
- Experience of stakeholder engagement
- Knowledge and experience of implementing volunteer management policies, procedures and processes.
- Passion about volunteers and campaigning and making a case for change that benefits people, patients and professionals.
Closing Date: 21 July 2019
Interviews: we plan for interviews to take plan w/c 29th Jul
Please submit your CV and a cover letter (in one document), outlining how you meet the key responsibilities of the role through our careers page below.